CHAPEL OF ST EDMUND AND TRINITY CENTRE - Gateshead - List Entry

  • Description

    "St Edmund's Chapel: Early C13 five-bay building, with gable end to road having elaborate design of seven stepped and moulded lancets under dripmoulds with nail- head below, Nos 2, 4 and 6 only glazed. Beneath, is the multi-moulded central doorway with three orders of nook shafts flanked by upper and lower pairs of trefoil-headed, multi-moulded blank arches. South return has single lancets with plain chamfered heads and nook shafts; stepped buttress bay divisions. To North the Community centre, formerly Church, of 1837 by John Dobson..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1277874
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 10 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 63 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES