CHURCH OF ST LEONARD - Warwick-on-Eden - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. C12, with alterations 1869 by R.J. Withers and 1908-9 by J.H. Martindale. Dressed red sandstone walls, graduated slate roof with decorative ridge tiles and coped gables. Nave of 3 bays with porch, chancel of one bay with semicircular apse. Nave has projecting gabled porch to west with south facing entrance, dated 1908.....Various references are made to the former tower, now demolished. This was a chapel belonging to the Priory of Wetheral and later to the Dean & Chapter of Carlisle...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1121876
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 11 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 49 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES