CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY AND ST CONSTANTINE - Wetherall - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. C13 with alterations of early C16, 1790-91, 1872 (by R.J. Withers) and 1881-2. Dressed red sandstone, graduated slate roofs, coped east gable. West tower, nave with vestry and south porch, chancel and chapel, bellcote at east end. Hexagonal tower, on site of medieval porch, 1790 with 1882 upper part. Round-arched moulded West door under 2-light window. C19 clock. Drip moulds at floors and openings; battlemented parapet with corner water spouts and pinnacles. C16 nave doors and windows...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087692
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 167 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES