St. Martin's Church

  • Description

    "The church was rebuilt in 1878 and is famous as the only church designed by the Pre-Raphelite architect Philip Webb. Almost all of its stained glass windows were designed by Burne-Jones. {Source: Leaflet "Brampton Town Trail".} See also [[1147791]] (photo by Humphrey Bolton) that gives a condensed version of Pevsner's description of the church. See also the Wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Martin's_Church,_Brampton. The church's website http://www.stmartinsbrampton.org.uk/ includes a link to a pdf version of the information leaflet available in the church (it's under "Brief History")." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2009.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1582099
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 232 times
    Picture Taken: 2009-10-03
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES