PLUMBLAND CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL - List Entrey

  • Description

    "Grammar School now village school. 1799 with C19 extensions. Cement rendered walls, with red sandstone angle pilasters, under graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and kneelers; brick chimney stacks. Single storey, roughly cross-shaped with 3-storey clock-tower porch. Plank door in red sandstone surround in side wall of tower....Parson & White's Directory 1829; p.348 states,'the school was built in 1799 and contains two rooms, each 42 feet by 24; one of them being for the classics and the other for English, writing, arithmetic, etc. It is open to all boys and girls living in the parish free of expense, subject to several regulations.....'."...
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1217062
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 394 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES