CHURCH OF ST MARY - Ambleside - List Entry

  • Description

    "...St Mary's Church, Ambleside was built 1850-54 to a design by Sir George Gilbert Scott as a replacement for smaller former parish church of St Anne. A north-east choir vestry was added in 1889 to the designs of Paley & Austin of Lancaster and was built by Newtons of Ambleside. An alabaster and mosaic reredos designed by Paley & Austin and executed by Bridgeman of Lichfield was dedicated in 1895...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1244784
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 10 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 101 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES