Description"St Mary's Church was built in 1848 but hardly anything remains of the original chapel. A south aisle with round arches was added in 1852, a north aisle with pointed arches added in 1857, a nave west extension added in 1861, a north transept added in 1871, and finally the chancel, the tower, and the west end added in 1881-2. The church was restored after a fire in 1988. http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/windermere-st-marys-church/ Visit Cumbria" Photo by David Dixon, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4000378
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
Viewed: 96 times
Picture Taken: 2014-05-24