Description"The building dates from 1877 when it was called 'Acme House'. It was originally a chemist's, with reading rooms and billiard room above. Boots the Chemist later bought the building until they moved further down the road in 1990 and the building became a furniture shop. In 2002 after four months of refurbishment, the building was transformed to a three-floor restaurant named "The Lighthouse" and is still run by the same family today. (Information and some old photographs at http://www.lighthouserestaurantwindermere.co.uk/about.php.)" Photo by Jonathan Hutchins, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4413909
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewed: 88 times
Picture Taken: 2015-04-04