CHURCH OF ST MARY - Beaumont, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. Late C12 with restorations of 1784, 1872 and 1888. Squared and coursed red and calciferous sandstone (from the nearby Roman Wall) on chamfered plinth. Graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and cross finial. Nave/chancel of 5 bays with west open bellcote, south porch and north vestry. Timbered C19 porch; entrance with reused Norman arch..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335624
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 323 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES