BARROW MONUMENT - Ulverston - List Entry

  • Description

    "Seamark and monument to Sir John Barrow. 1850. Designed by Mr Andrew Trimen. Limestone ashlar (from Birkrigg Quarry), with shaft now rendered. Built to resemble a lighthouse, over 30m high and set on the summit of Hoad Hill. Above a projecting plain cornice is a lantern with round-arched openings, capped by a cornice and ashlar dome...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1375003
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 362 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES