CHURCH OF ST MARTIN - Brampton, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church replacing late C17 hospital, converted to chapel 1789. 1877-8 by Philip Webb (his only church), for George Howard (later 9th Earl of Carlisle) and other contributors, with tower completed 1906 also by Webb. Dressed red sandstone from Wetheral Quarry, graduated green slate roofs, lead spire. Square western tower with porch: 4 bay nave of almost square plan..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1137170
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 148 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES