CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Isel - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Early C12 with 1878 restoration and additions by C.J. Ferguson. Calciferous sandstone rubble walls, under graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and cross finial. 4-bay nave with south porch and twin open bellcote; 3-bay chancel with north vestry. Nave has zig-zag doorway and carved capitals but the engaged shafts removed; all within C14 gabled stone porch. South wall has tall round-headed C13 window, smaller rectangular window of similar date and 2 C18 rectangular windows...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1145219
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 10 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 40 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES