CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Dacre - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. C12 with C13 additions,and restorations of 1810 and 1875. Red sandstone rubble walls with string course, the aisles of longer blocks of pink sandstone with buttresses and C19 red sandstone battlemented parapets. Graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and cross finial. 3-storey square west tower; 3-bay nave with aisles; 3-bay chancel with north vestry. Tower has inscription over entrance STEEPLE REBUILT 1810 (with names of churchwardens). Over the west door is the reused head of a C13 2-light small window...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1145531
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 116 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES