Description"Although there was no village for miles the Northumberland Central Railway built a station at Fontburn 6½ miles south of Rothbury. It was mainly used by workers at the nearby Whitehouse Colliery and lime kilns. From 1890 it would also have been used by men working on the new Fontburn Reservoir. In 1921 it was reduced in status to a halt. It is now a private residence." Photo by Ralph Rawlinson, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/125347
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 11 months, 1 week ago
Viewed: 111 times
Picture Taken: 2006-02-05