Description"Spanning the river Tweed, between Ladykirk (Scotland) and Norham (England), this bridge was built in 1885-7 to replace a timber trestle bridge of 1851 that had been damaged during floods in the early 1880's. The present bridge was designed by Thomas Coddrington & Cuthbert Brereton and constructed by Meakon & Dean for the Tweed Bridges Trust." Photo by Matthew Hatton, 2003.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/301229
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 450 times
Picture Taken: 2003-10-00