Weetwood Bridge

  • Description

    "Weetwood Bridge has been much altered over its existence but is thought to have first been constructed as a crossing point over the Till during the early 16th Century. The bridge lies on the direct route from Wooler Haugh where Surrey’s army camped on the 7th September 1513. It would have offered the army the best crossing point over the Till for its heavy ordnance and other equipment as it marched to join the Devil’s Causeway north of the river and onwards to Barmoor Castle...."
  • Owner

    Flodden 1513 Ecomuseum
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flodden1513ecomuseum.org/places/local/weetwood-bridge
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 492 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES