Weetwood Bridge - List Entry

  • Description

    The monument includes a single span bridge of 16th century date with 18th century alterations, spanning the River Till south east of Weetwood Hall. The structure is a single span hog-backed bridge with a total length of approximately 112m. It is constructed from a variety of different types of masonry including grey sandstone ashlar and pink sandstone.....One of the buttresses on the south side contains an inscription of 1775. The presence of different building materials suggests that the bridge has been subject to several phases of construction. Its form suggests that it was originally constructed in the 16th century but has had several phases of reconstruction with the addition of buttresses in 1775...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1006549
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 471 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES