Description"This building of 1863-64, by T.H. Clemence, architect (Borough Engineer) was originally the Customs House built just before South Shields was declared a separate customs port in 1865. The River Tyne Police and Port Sanitary Authority buildings next door were added in 1886. The Customs House was Grade II listed in 1978 and sold to the Arts & Live Music Association in 1981 for restoration and conversion into an arts centre. Work commenced in 1986. In the foreground is []" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4756599
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 564 times
Picture Taken: 2015-11-27