Priory House, Bedford Street, North Shields

  • Description

    "In 1870 Robert Shotton Bainbridge set up as an auctioneer in Camden Street, North Shields. The family built the business up into an extensive concern, making and selling furniture, beating carpets, upholstering, and acting as long distance removal contractors. For furniture sales the firm refurbished part of the old Snowball's building in Howard Street, in 1926. This large new premises in Bedford Street was opened in March 1933. It was designed by William Stockdale and named Priory House after their brand-named furniture." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2013.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years ago
    Viewed: 992 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-07-28
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.