First World War Memorial, Ridley Park, Blyth

  • Description

    The First World War memorial for Blyth (including New Delaval, Newsham, Bebside and Cowpen) was originally located outside the Knight Memorial Hospital on Beaconsfield Street. It was unveiled on the 17th November, 1923 by the Duke of Northumberland and dedicated by Reverend A Tuson, in commemoration of 637 servicemen who lost their lives in the First World War. The memorial was moved to its location in Ridley Park in 1950. (source: Historic England) The adjacent celtic cross is a memorial to those lost in the Boer War (1899-1902).
  • Owner

    Simon_Cotterill
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/26698321007/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 429 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-04-19T20:03:19
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES