Chimney Mill, Claremont Road

  • Description

    "Chimney Mill was designed by engineer, John Smeaton, in 1782 as a five sail windmill, in use until 1892, subsequently a golf club-house until 1975. The windshaft and cap were removed in 1951. It was subsequently restored starting in 1976." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2014.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 6 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 653 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-02-22
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.