Description"Now part occupied by a secondhand bookshop and part occupied by a mechanical digger agency, this lovely building remains in excellent condition. The station was the terminus of the Alnwick branch line, which diverged from the ECML at Alnmouth. The branch opened in 1850 and closed in 1968. The station was also the terminus of the Cornhill branch line to Coldstream which closed in 1930. The history of the branches and many more photographs are at: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/a/alnwick/index.shtml The Aln Valley Railway Society was formed to re-open the line from Alnmouth. details at: http://www.alnvalleyrailway.co.uk/" Photo by Michael Dibb, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2459563
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 131 times
Picture Taken: 2011-05-23