Ilderton Railway Station (Cheviotside)

  • Description

    "The station lies on the former North Eastern Railway line that ran from Alnwick to Cornhill. The station buildings were designed by William Bell and built in red sandstone, although quite fancy for a rural station. The line opened in 1887, but passenger services were never very profitable and the line eventually closed to passengers less than 50 years later, in 1930, and to goods in 1953...."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N3590
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 158 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES