The underside of Armstrong Bridge

  • Description

    "The Armstrong Bridge was designed and built by William Armstrong in 1878 and spans the Ouseburn valley at Armstrong Park. It carried traffic until 1963 when cars were banned and traffic diverted onto the nearby Benton Bridge which carries the Coast Road (A1058)." Photo by Oliver Dixon, 2017.
  • Owner

    Oliver Dixon
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5440280
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 62 times
    Picture Taken: 2017-06-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES