LOGGIA CIRCA 20 METRES SOUTH OF CAPTAIN COOK BIRTHPLACE MUSEUM - Marton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Loggia c.1860, as part of Marton Hall, demolished 1960. Sandstone ashlar with flat roof. Italianate. 1 storey, 7 bays. South face : stilted segment-headed openings with pilaster-and-keyed-archivolt surrounds. Pilasters between bays rise to entablature and blocking course. Short projecting wall at north-east angle, with chamfered quoins on south face. Similar one-bay returns. North face has 6 corresponding openings...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1139833
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 118 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES