Tumbleton Pump House, Cragside estate

  • Description

    "Built in 1868 at the foot of the dam holding back Tumbleton Lake this houses a double acting hydraulic pump that uses the 35 feet head of the dam to pump water to a reservoir 150 feet above the pump house. This is a genuine reciprocating piston pump and not a hydraulic ram (a different kind of black magic)." Photo by Chris Allen, 1989.
  • Owner

    Chris Allen
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/663887
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 442 times
    Picture Taken: 1989-05-28
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES