CEDDESFELD HALL - Sedgfield - List Entry

  • Description

    "Former Rectory now Community Hall. 1793 for the Rev. George Barrington. Painted, pebble-dashed masonry; Welsh slate roof with rendered chimneys. 2-storey, 5-bay entrance front has low plinth; bays 2 and 4 projecting. Entrance front: central, 6-panel double door, with 3-pane side lights, in pilaster surround, has large semicircular fanlight with radial glazing bars. Raised tablet above door has inscription to Bishop Shute Barrington of Durham (died 1826)...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1160001
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 126 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES