Description"The grounds of the former rectory [] were laid out to a design by Joseph Spence in 1756 as a public park, and now maintained by Sedgefield Town Council. The pond may have been originally constructed as a medieval fish pond. There is a full description on the Parks & Gardens UK website here http://www.parksandgardens.ac.uk/component/option,com_parksandgardens/task,site/id,5309" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2637775
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
Viewed: 99 times
Picture Taken: 2011-10-07