Description"Built in 1903 for the Newcastle and District Electric Lighting Company, on the site of the Tyne Iron Works, most of which had been demolished c.1890. It ceased generating in 1919 but was used as a sub-station until 1946. Still standing in a sorry area of dereliction. There is a photograph here of its southern elevation taken in 2003 [] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemington_Power_Station" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1987939
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 4 years, 12 months ago
Viewed: 383 times
Picture Taken: 2010-07-28