WAR MEMORIAL - Stockton - List Entry

  • Description

    "1923. H V Lanchester architect. At south west corner of churchyard. Portland stone with bronze panels and ornament. Rectangular with large niches to north and south, before which are colonnaded exedrae over which the cornice is returned. Set on a tall base. Framing pilasters of sides have lions masks above. Sarcophagus with fluted sides at top, with trophies and wreaths on each side..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1139979
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 459 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES