STOCKTON PARISH CHURCH - List Entry

  • Description

    "Replaces medieval chancery dedicated. to St Thomas of Canterbury. Built 1710-12 reportedly with advice from Wren. Restored 1893, reseated and chancel added by R J Johnson in 1906. Site chapel and choir vestry added by W D Caroe 1925. Six bay aisled nave with west tower and taller three bay chancel (ie taller than nave). Built of brick with stone dressings, quoins, moulded string to parapet and moulded coping. Round leaded windows...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1139977
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 427 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES