PHOENIX LODGE (FREEMASON'S HALL) - Sunderland - List Entry

  • Description

    "Freemasons' hall. 1785. By John Bonner, replacing 1778 Lodge destroyed by fire; entrance lobby and offices added 1925. Front range incised render with ashlar plinth and painted ashlar dressings; right return brick; rear wing limestone rubble with brick dressings. Dark grey slate roof main and rear ranges; purple slate on right pent roof. L-plan with front lodge room, right wing, and right rear dining room; entrance and offices addition in rear angle....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1279903
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 133 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES