CHURCH OF ST MARY - Blanchland - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church, formerly part of church of Premonstratensian abbey founded 1165 by Walter de Bolbec. Chancel c,1200-1210, north transept and tower mid C13 except for belfry stage of tower, C14. Repaired and adapted as parish church 1752 by Lord Crewe trustees, transept aisle rebuilt 1854, east end rebuilt 1881. Squared stone with dressings; stone slate roof. L-plan, with tower at end of north transept. Early English style. Tower in 4 stages...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1304226
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 143 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES