Friars Goose Marina in Gateshead

Related Pages


Friar's Goose


Felling

  • Description

    "Viewed from the north bank of the River Tyne. As can be seen, there is an old slipway here which is still used by the yacht owners. This was the site of a shipyard from wooden shipbuilding days and was owned by a succession of companies. Probably the most famous was T Micheson's ship repair yard from 1919 to 1955. Then James Burgess and Sons took over and built fishing vessels and tugs until they closed in 1964, to end a long history of shipbuilding on the site." Photo by Robert Graham, 2013.
  • Owner

    Robert Graham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3673089
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 1512 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-07-24
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES