Description"Detail of brick construction of one of the paired columnar piers of the demolished railway viaduct [] The columns are arranged with every fourth course of bricks laid narrow side on. The distinctive pale-coloured Pease fire-bricks [] were manufactured at the brickworks owned by Henry Pease (1807-1881), director of the Stockton and Darlington Railway and responsible for the foundation of the seaside resort of Saltburn-by-the-Sea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Pease_%28MP%29" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4626005
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 408 times
Picture Taken: 2015-08-21