17th-century west wall with musket ports. A postern to the left originally provided access to the lighthouse.
Description"Clifford's Fort was built in 1672 to defend the River Tyne during the Dutch Wars. Fort wall, sandstone ashlar and brick. There was a poster on the left which gave access to the Low Light which was enclosed when the fort was built." Photo by 'Barabbas1312', 20 August 2015. Photo licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:West_wall,_Clifford%27s_Fort,_North_Shields.jpg
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 376 times
Picture Taken: Unknown