Tyne and Wear HER(1352): Fawdon village

  • Description

    "A member of the barony of Whalton, first mentioned by name in 1242. It had four taxpayers in 1312. Before 1346 Fawdon was acquired by William of Heselrig, and it remained in that family until 1763, being bought by Matthew Bell of Woolsington in 1768. Maps of 1730 and the early 19th century show an irregular cluster of buildings around the bend in Fawdon lane. They probably formed just two steadings....."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/1352
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 267 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES