Inscription on statue to Charles Mark Palmer, Jarrow

  • Description

    "The inscription appears on the pediment of the large statue of Charles Mark Palmer, the first mayor of Jarrow and the town's founding father. It was erected in 1903 to commemorate his contribution to the town. [[5563304]] shows the statue in the context of the street." Photo by Graham Robson, 2017.
  • Owner

    Graham Robson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5563313
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 236 times
    Picture Taken: 2017-10-07
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES