St Christopher's Church, Gunnerton

  • Description

    "Built in 1899/1900, Mr John Hawes being the architect (he later became a Roman Catholic monk) and Bishop Hornby being the Vicar at the time. The site was given by Col. Hornby. The church is in the English traditional style and built of rough faced stone. It seats about 100 and originally cost just over £700. " Photo by Les Hull, 2005.
  • Owner

    Les Hull
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/122967
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 424 times
    Picture Taken: 2005-03-29
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES