St. Andrew's Church, Newgate Street, NE1 - bell-ringers' board, Baptistry

  • Description

    "See [[3737101]] and [[3737137]]. In 1726, a new set of heavier bells that could be used for change ringing was installed in the tower. The board in the photo records a famous bell-ringing event on 14th July 1875, when the Newcastle and Gateshead Ringers rang 730 changes in 31 minutes. {Source: St. Andrew's Church booklet.}" Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3737181
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 558 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-10-31
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES