St. Andrew's Church, Newgate Street, NE1 - Thompson mouse

  • Description

    "See [[3737101]]. The modern furniture at the eastern end of the nave and in the Lady Chapel in the south transept was made by Thompson's of Kilburn in North Yorkshire. Robert Thompson (1876-1955) set up a business manufacturing oak furniture, which (from around 1919 onwards) featured a carved mouse on almost every piece - for more info, see the Wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_(Mouseman)_Thompson . The firm's website is at http://www.robertthompsons.co.uk/ . This mouse is on the altar in [[3743436]]. See also [[3756565]] and [[3756568]]. There are eight Thompson mice in the church." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3756562
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 578 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-11-19
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES