The Boiler House Redevelopment

  • Description

    "The King’s Road Boiler House is situated at the heart of the University Campus and was acknowledged as ‘the finest in the kingdom’ upon completion in 1923. In 2011/12 the University demolished the adjacent museum building in favour of creating an open public square for students, staff and members of the public. The University now intends to build upon the success of the open public space by extending the landscaping and redeveloping half of the Boiler House into a high quality events space for student and staff events including Congregations receptions, musical performance and award ceremonies...."
  • Owner

    Newcastle University
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/estates/assets/documents/BoilerHouseRedevelopment.pdf
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 249 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES