Description"Built 1893; by Oliver and Leeson; ground-floor alterations c 1982. Originally a hotel, with the entrance from Grey Street, now shops, bars and restaurants. Tall fluted pilasters run all along the facade; there are tripartite Venetian windows in the outer bays, and fan-light decoration in each of the curved window heads on the first floor. The building's name, in Art Nouveau lettering, is given in the central carved panel of the cornice []. The building is Grade II listed http://list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1024924 . The Buildings of Grainger Town - No.44. See []." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4417710
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
Viewed: 214 times
Picture Taken: 2014-09-13