CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Dalton-le-Dale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. Romanesque with mainly C13 features. Extensive restoration by C. Hodgson Fowler in 1907 when bellcote, porch and vestry were added. Snecked rubble. C20 Welsh slate roof. Aisleless nave and continuous chancel, south porch and north vestry. 2-bay chancel has pointed-arched priest's door and trefoiled low-side window in south wall...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1231690
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 241 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES