Description"The first part of the village name, Dalton, comes from the Old English for 'farmstead in a valley'. 'Le Dale' was added in the medieval period to distinguish it from Dalton Piercy [[NZ4631]]. http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRN=D6777 The church has mainly C13 features with extensive restoration by C. Hodgson Fowler in 1907 http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRNMAP=D12579" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1706642
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 632 times
Picture Taken: 2010-02-12