Description"Opened in 1855 by the Londonderry Seaham & Sunderland Railway, later part of the North Eastern Railway, this station closed in 1964. View north east towards what would have been the forecourt. The railway is behind the fencing. The later construction of the A1018 in the foreground has partly led to the destruction of the station remains. Ryhope also had another station just 150m away - see http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5259831." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5261086
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
Viewed: 144 times
Picture Taken: 2017-01-18