Description"Opened in 1856 by the Sunderland & Durham Railway, later part of the North Eastern Railway, this station closed to passengers in 1952. View north east towards Hendon Burn and Sunderland, the former line now being a footpath and only the old footbridge surviving. This was the more westerly of the two stations in Ryhope - Ryhope East railway station was only 150m away, on the Londonderry Seaham and Sunderland Railway. See http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5261086." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5259831
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 2 years, 1 month ago
Viewed: 192 times
Picture Taken: 2017-01-18