Shepherd's Dene (Broomhaugh and Riding)

  • Description

    "Shepherd's Dene was built in 1906-7 for D S Marjoribanks, and was originally called Shepherd's Bank. The name was changed in 1921 when the house was sold to G S Newall. The house may have been used by evacuees in World War II and possibly also as a convalescent home. Later, in 1946, it was given to the Diocese of Newcastle and is now used as a retreat and conference centre....."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N14699
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 209 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES