Description"The origins of St Maurice's Church lie in medieval times. There is medieval fabric in the nave, north chapel and chancel and the west tower was built in the later 13th century. In about 1650 the church was partly rebuilt with more alterations taking place in the 18th and 19th centuries. In the tower there is are two medieval bells. http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/K2P.nsf/K2PDetail?readform&PRN=N4389" Photo by Les Hull, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1498011
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 402 times
Picture Taken: 2009-09-16