Monument to Sir Charles Mark Palmer

  • Description

    "Commemorative statue of Palmer in mayoral robes with a scroll in his left hand. The white stone pedestal has Doric pilasters at each corner. The three bronze reliefs which decorated the south, east and west sides have been ripped off; these depicted the ships 'John Bowes' and 'HMS Resolution' and a miner. A public subscription for a statue was begun in 1902 when Palmer reached the age of eighty...."
  • Owner

    Public Monuments and Sculpture Assocaition
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.pmsa.org.uk/pmsa-database/9537/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 248 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES